Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Wake up Class of 74

Hi everyone, I am submitting this from Anita, -Phil

Wake up sleepyheads!! 35 years have passed since you fell asleep in English class!! Time to plan our reunion. That said, are you even interested? PLEASE take a moment and let us know what you are thinking.
A discussion was held on the 6th of January and there were four of us there. Phil , Charlene, Anita, and Elaine. Our class funds are low, at about $190.00 , not much to get anything accomplished. Phil graciously agreed to get things started with a Fifty dollar donation. Anita stepped up to the plate and matched it. The challenge is on to get the funds back in the coffers. Any donation would be greatly appreciated.
Here are some of the ideas that were discussed.
1. Attend the banquet and dance at the Moose that follows.
2. Rent a private hall and have music and food.
3. Attend the banquet and meet at a gracious classmates home for nibbles and drinks.. Any gracious classmates out there??
We are running out of time to secure a place so we need your imput by the first of February.
How much can you contribute?
What is your choice for the weekend plans?
What does your budget allow for the plans that are made?
Thank you for your continued support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all,

And thank you, Phil, for spearheading this effort!
My computer is really s-l-o w (dial up at this point), so I'm not able to attend the online meetings. However, I will also contribute $50.00.

Melissa (Dyer) Dube and I were talking recently, and she brought up the possibility of having the reunion at the Goddard Mansion. Rachel (Fluette) Chase' son Scott owns it now.

If a private get-together doesn't work out, I'm all for going to the banquet and dance at the Moose. It would probably be the most economical way to go, all things considered.

Count me in, regardless!

Take care, Sandi (Demars) Brown

Anonymous said...

Hi fellow classmates,

Thank you Phil for setting up this blog site. I also would like to contribute $50.00 I may not be available on the 20th so I wanted to post my thoughts.

First, I believe in keeping things simple and inexpensive. That said, I think getting together with the classmates in the afternoon of Saturday for a BBQ-type get-together would be great. I'm totally for having a casual party at someone's house or even at the Goddard mansion if available.

Why is it that we don't consider a picnic-type party after the parade in a casual setting - we can still have music and talk and party with everyone that's here. Then, if people want to leave to head to the banquet in the evening - so be it.

It seems like too much money and time is put into planning these reunions. To me, it could be simple! The may objective is to see everyone and have a good time -- why pay for a big shinding! If the Dube's or someone else wants to offer their home as a place to gather, I think that's awesome! Donations can be made towards meats for grilling, papergoods, etc. and people can BYOB. We'd have a great time!

Why does it have to be so complicated with renting a place, people dressing up, band, etc.? Am I missing something?

As far as the float goes - whatever is decided is fine with me. I'm not quite sure if the musical needs to be from 1956 or 1974? Could someone clarify that for me? I happy help with the planning of a BBQ-type party and working on the float!

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts regarding all the above.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Karen Chabot LeClair